We are committed to making the overall ownership experience of a Mercedes-Benz vehicle the best in the automotive industry. The Mercedes-Benz Canada Roadside Assistance Program is an integral part of this commitment.
What is Trip Interruption? 
If a non-accident related mechanical breakdown occurs during the warranty period that requires the vehicle to be towed by Mercedes-Benz Roadside Assistance to an authorized Mercedes-Benz dealership for repairs, drivers are covered.** If the breakdown occurs more than 80 km from home, reimbursement up to $500 for hotel accommodations and up to $600 for alternate transportation expenses is provided while your car is being repaired at an authorized Mercedes-Benz dealership.
How to claim for reimbursement:
1. Claims must be submitted to Mercedes-Benz Roadside Assistance within thirty (30) days of the date of the breakdown.
2. Indicate the cause and the location of the breakdown. Towing claims must be accompanied by the original towing bill.
3. Enclose a photocopy of the detailed repair bill, and the original invoices/receipts of the costs incurred. This benefit applies to expenses incurred by you within seventy-two (72) hours of your Mercedes-Benz breakdown. We recommend that you retain a copy of all receipts for your records.
4. A cheque is sent upon receipt and confirmation of information (please allow 4-6 weeks for processing).
5. Reimbursement applies for breakdowns occurring anywhere in Canada or the continental United States and is subject to the terms and conditions set forth by Mercedes-Benz Canada Inc.
6. For reimbursement, please address claims to:
Mercedes-Benz Roadside Assistance
PO Box 190
Richmond Hill, ON L4B 4R5
Authorized Mercedes-Benz dealers can provide complete details.
1Trip interruption benefits only available on 2009 or newer smart fortwo models up to $200 per incident. Roadside Assistance expiration on smart vehicles is subject to the SMART Retail Renewal Program. Please contact your local smart dealership for more information. Trip interruption benefits do not apply to Sprinter or Metris vehicles.
** Tows for tire issues are not considered mechanical breakdowns, and are not eligible for Trip Interruption benefits.
To contact Roadside Assistance by phone, call 1-800-387-0100 You will be asked the following information:
- Your name
- Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)
- Year, model and colour of vehicle
- Phone number
- Location of the disabled vehicle
- Description of the problem
If you have the Mercedes me app, follow these instructions to contact Roadside Assistance:
- Open the app on your phone
- Make sure the correct vehicle is in session
- Tap the "Roadside Assistance" button on your home screen or in the assist section