Mercedes-Benz Canada (“MBC”) has launched a voluntary recall for the Brake Booster on certain ML, GL, and R-Class vehicles (platforms 164 and 251). MBC is requesting owners to stop driving their vehicle until inspecting it at an authorized Mercedes-Benz service partner and being instructed that their vehicle is safe to drive.
The following models are affected by this recall campaign:
- 2007-2012 GL models (GL 320, GL 350, GL 450, GL 550)
- 2006-2011 ML models (ML 320, ML 350, ML 500, ML 550, ML 63)
- 2006-2013 R-Class models (R 320, R 350, R 500, R 550, R 63)
If your vehicle is affected by this campaign, you should immediately stop driving, and follow the following steps:
- Book an appointment with your authorized Mercedes-Benz service partner. If you require alternative transportation once your appointment is booked, please discuss this with your authorized Mercedes-Benz service partner.
- Contact roadside assistance (1-800-387-0100) to have your vehicle towed to your authorized Mercedes-Benz service partner on the day of your appointment. This tow will be covered by our Mercedes-Benz Roadside Assistance.
- When the vehicle arrives at your authorized Mercedes-Benz service partner, the brake booster will be inspected, and depending on the results, you will be advised accordingly:
- You may be advised that no replacement is necessary and that your vehicle is safe to drive.
- You may be advised that no immediate replacement is necessary, that the vehicle is safe to drive, and that you will need to return within two years for a follow-up inspection.
- You may be advised that a brake booster replacement is required. If the vehicle is unable to be driven, your authorized Mercedes-Benz service partner will be equipped to offer you either mobility or alternate options.
Should you have any further questions, the Mercedes-Benz Customer Assistance Centre can be reached at 1-877-864-6013.