Repairs or replacements are not necessary if:
• All glass and lenses are free of holes, cracks or stars*
• Any scratches can be covered by the First Class Condition Card
• No more than 2 chips have been plugged**
• Any chips or plugs** are smaller than 3 mm
• Any chips or plugs** sit outside the driver’s field of vision defined by wiper path
• Any aftermarket window tint is free of any scratches, bubbling, tears, or discolouring
*A “star” is a chip with one or more legs.
** A “plug” refers to any repair to windshield damage.
We recommend any windshield replacement be completed by an authorized Mercedes-Benz dealer to ensure the repair meets the manufacturer’s specifications. Keep in mind windshield replacement is often covered by insurance. Check with your insurance agent.
|Chips are only chargeable if they are more than 0.3 cm in diameter, and do not fit within the circle of the measurement tool on the First Class Condition Card.|